Wednesday, August 28, 2013






Saturday August 25, 2013 we had another fun Preparation Day.

We drove to Costco and Walmart to do some shopping.  On our way home we stopped at the Dole Pineapple Plantation.




 They have quite a large gift shop to look through.  We decided to take the Pineapple Express, a small train ride through the plantation.

This is the cute little engine.

Everyone prompts you to make this sign with your hands while taking pictures.
Me, Kim and Sharon.  Kim is going home September 9th, Sharon just got here one week after I did.
Sharon and Cheryl are behind me and Kim is taking the picture.

There were many fields, ready to plant.

 Young pineapple plants before the fruit grows.

This is an infield harvester.

I enjoyed this pretty garden with plants shaped like pineapples.

They had pineapples and pineapple plants in all stages of growth.

We enjoyed their famous pineapple ice cream and floats made with pineapple juice and pineapple ice cream. :)
It was a fun day until my car broke down on our way back home.  Now I am back to walking everywhere.  Hopefully it is fixable, I really enjoyed it for the two weeks I had my car.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, that Dole pineapple plantation looks awesome!! What a cute train and beautiful garden. I'll bet the pineapple is ahhmazing. I love that you are "hanging loose" in the picture by the train guy, Mom. I look forward to more hang loose hand signals in pictures to come :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day...well, except for the car breaking down part. I'm so glad you were able to get it fixed. The Dole plantation sounds like a fun place to visit. I think our kids will have fun on the train. I'm excited to try the pineapple ice cream treats. They look delicious! Love you!

    ReplyDelete