Wednesday, August 21, 2013


My First Preparation Day Excursion

Twelve single sisters went on a sight seeing trip to Kualoa Ranch.  It included a boat ride out in the ocean to see Mokoli'i Island and a reef that has small turtles living there.  There were also spectacular views of the Island of Oahu from a short distance out in the ocean.

Here we are hiking through the trees to our boat ride.

This is the sight seeing boat we sailed on.


This is my Korean sister missionary friend,  Sister Kim Rigby.  She grew up in Korea but married a returned missionary from America and lived in Bountiful, Utah for the past 35 years.   She takes Korean tour groups around the PCC.  She has been a very helpful, welcoming friend to me.  I will be sorry to see her go home September 9th.


Some of the other Sister Missionaries.

Mokoli'i Island, nicknamed the Chinaman's Hat.

The dark water is where there is a reef not too far under the water.  Baby and small turtles live in the reef for protection. We saw a few, they were about 12-18 inches long.  They only surface for a few seconds, not long enough for me to take a picture.

It was a beautiful day, I enjoyed it.  I got a phone call from Laura while I was out on the ocean.  I was surprised that I had cell phone reception there.  Then I remembered that the whole island in out in the middle of the ocean.  Isn't modern technology great?

Left to right: Sister Darlene Smith, Sister Helana Razick from Switzerland, Sister Lynette Gurr from South Jordan, Utah, Sister Cheryl Hubbard from Tucson, Arizona, me, Sister Kim Rigby my Korean friend from Bountiful, Utah, Sister Jolene Smith from Rexburg, Idaho, Sister Essie Humphries,  Sister Tessie Crummett from the state of Washington,  Sister Connie Nance, Sister Brenda Woods and Sister  Sharon Johnson from Gilbert,Arizona. 
After the boat ride 4 of us went to the swap meet at the Aloha Stadium.  I bought a couple of  cloth purses and a few Muumuus.  We then went to the T&L Muumuu Factory and I got a few more Muumuus.  So with the two I made, the one red one on the left that the PCC Seamstresses made for me and what I got on Saturday, I am prepared!  This is what my Hawaiian wardrobe looks like in my closet.  It was a very fun day.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are able to go out and do fun things with the other sisters. The water is such a pretty color! And you're wardrobe looks perfect for Hawaii! Lots of colorful muumuus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Chinaman's hat! How cool that you all went on a boat ride together. It was fun to chat with you on the phone and even more fun to see you via Skype last night! Love you, Mom! Great post.

    ReplyDelete