Thursday, October 3, 2013

Random Photos


Random Photos

October 2, 2013




This is where I live, 55-652 Wahinepee St.  My window is the second one from the front on the left side upstairs.


Tracy sent me these 8X10 pictures for my wall.  I love my photo wall.


I walk by the Temple each morning and again walking home for lunch.  I drive by it several times a day also.  I never get tired of looking at this beautiful Temple.  It is only three of blocks away from my apartment.


The yellow Hibiscus is the State flower of Hawaii.  This is one block of yellow Hibiscus, If I turned around and took a picture you would see another block that looks like this with yellow Hibiscus.  And then across the road is the beach.



There are Plumaria trees like these all around.  You never have to pick the blossoms, you can always find beautiful blossoms on the ground.  I have seen white, yellow, and pink blossoms


I think that this tree is beautiful.


These hanging blossoms are very interesting and beautiful.


These red blossom are very interesting looking.

 I believe they are called Octopus blossoms.  For obvious reasons.









This is what greeted me one morning at 6:00 a.m.  I bet it was a spectacular sunrise over the ocean.  Someday I am going to get up even earlier than my usual 6:00 a.m. and go to the beach to watch the sunrise.  The Hukilau Beach is only 2 blocks away from my apartment.



Here is a hint of a pretty sunset from the Temple steps.



These are Taro leaves.  I even tried these cooked with coconut milk.  Not my favorite vegetable, but not bad.  I also ate cooked Taro (the root like potato, not the leaves).  But my favorite way to eat Taro is in the Purple Taro Rolls that they serve at Prime Dining at the PCC.


This chalkboard is in the old School house at the PCC.  You can learn Hawaiian words with this.



These are some of the projects I have been working on in the Theater Wardrobe department.



I saw this girl getting ready for the Canoe show.  She was wearing one of the outfits like the ones that I worked on.




This machine is over 40 years old.  I named it "Old Reliable."  I sew on it in Theater often.




I love to see all the flags from countries around the world flying at BYUH each day.  I love the sound they all make flapping in the wind as I walk by.



There are some pretty big and colorful fish at the Mall in Honolulu.


These are my make-shift curtains.  They used to be a Muumuu that I had buyers remorse about buying almost immediately.  I like them much better as a curtain.  Below they are in privacy mode.  When I use them like this I can still get the breeze and have privacy.



That is all of the random pictures for now.

1 comment:

  1. I loved all the pictures Mom. I think the curtains look great. I never would have guessed they were once a Muumuu. There are so many beautiful flowering trees there. I have never seen one like the Octopus one. That was really unique. I'm looking forward to the beautiful sunrises. I think with the jet lag we'll be up pretty early the first few days and I plan to spend them out on the beach. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete