Monday, April 28, 2014

My Line of Doll Clothes

My Line of Doll Clothes

Plus a picture of my roommates.

I decided to start making 18" doll clothes for the Mission Settlement store to sell.  
Here is what I have  made so far.



This is my model.  We got her from "Give and Take" It is on BYUH campus and students give things to it when they leave and new students go there and work for 1/2 hour and then can take 10 things.  She will not be going to the Mission settlement store, I don't think she looks Polynesian.   The outfit will be sold there.


 This is the doll I bought for the Mission Settlement.  
She is modeling a muumuu out of material from the Hawaiian Village here at the PCC.



This is another new doll that Sharon bought for the Mission Settlement modeling another muumuu out of material from the Hawaiian Village.  All the muumuus have matching pantaloons.  This one has flip flops too.



I think this doll should be called Lelani.  Lelani is wearing a hula dancing costume.


Here Lelani is wearing a muumuu made from material from the Tongan Village.



She is wearing a puletasi top and a lava lava skirt.  
This is the style and material worn by the workers in the Fiji Village.



This doll is wearing a puletasi top and lava lava skirt in the Tongan Village material.  
(Oops I forgot to change her flip flops.)  I was also told that the top needs to be much longer and not flare out at the bottom as much.  (Knee length.)  So I have not perfected the patterns yet.


This is a picture of all my roommates at Tessie's "Graduation" party.  From left to right: Teresa Wang, Luz Flores, Tessie Crummett, me, and Janet Johnson.  Notice that I really am the tallest one of the bunch.  Now that Tessie went home I also have been here the longest and I am the next single sister to go home!  When someone's mission is over and they are going home, they call it "Graduation."


2 comments:

  1. The doll clothes are gorgeous! I love them! Can I have one of each for Tessa!? ha ha, It must be hard work to do all of those little seams. Great job, so creative!

    ReplyDelete