Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What I Have Been Doing Lately

A few random things that I have been doing.


In Theater Wardrobe I learned how to make real tea leaf skirts.


They are very heavy.


I have been doing lots of repairs on these decorative belts.


I went to the Tongan village to see Sela, a woman that has retired and just comes in on Wednesdays to weave coconut leaves for the village.  I asked her to teach me how to make a bird.  I had to take one apart and write down the steps, but I figured it out and have made several on my own. 



I also made this headband.






This is Ethan, Jerome and Luke, three basketball players for BYUH.  Sister Smith and I took them to dinner and then taught Jerome and Luke the first discussion.  It was awesome being a REAL Missionary.



I enjoyed going to the Hawaiian Village Devotional.


At the flag raising.  I made a few of the red sashes in Seamstress.


They did a hula to I feel My Savior's Love. It was wonderful.



I re-strung all of these necklaces for Theater one day.



I learned how to make Balloon Fish from Sela. 


I welcomed a new little gecko into my room, he ran into my closet.  He is only about 2 inches long from head to tail.


We had a going away party for Sister Cheryl Hubbard at Seamstress.



This is the fresh flower hair decoration that we wore at the Moanikeala Hula Festival at the PCC.



This is a picture of a photo of the group that I danced with.


I had January 20th off and Sister Hubbard, Sister Crummett, Sister Razdik and I went to the beach to see the big waves and shopping.




We went to Haliewa and saw three turtles sunning on the beach.







Singing Aloha Oe to Sister Hubbard at our family Home Evening,
 

I had a delightful afternoon with my roommate from college days at BYU many years ago.


Here we are in front of the fountain at the Hawaii Temple.


I always wanted to go up on the hill behind the Temple,
we found the gate open, went up, and this is the view.
Up here is where I am supposed to go if there is ever a Tsunami warning.
I hope we never have one, but can you imagine what it would look like from here?


I know that pineapples don't grow on trees, but these sure look a lot like pineapples.



They have the most interesting trees here.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, those are some BIG turtles! Holy cow. I love your coconut leaf creations. My girls are going to love those when we come see you. I also love your hair flower decoration--so beautiful! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete